CHICAGO — An arsonist set several fires during a two-hour crime spree on the North Side this week, according to Chicago police. CPD’s arson investigators released a picture of the suspect on Thursday afternoon, hoping someone would know him.
The firebug set fire to several trash dumpsters in Ravenswood and Lincoln Square, police said. No information about structural damage, if any, was released.
CPD’s community alert linked five fires to the man. They occurred on January 3 in:
- the 5100 block of North Clark at 4:28 p.m.
- the 2400 block of West Carmen at 5:34 p.m.
- the 2100 block of West Foster at 6:06 p.m.
- the 2000 block of West Berwyn at 6:17 p.m.
- the 2200 block of West Berwyn at 6:25 p.m.
Police said the man is a 35- to 45-year-old White or Hispanic man wearing a black hoodie with an orange and white striped polo shirt and tan pants.
Information can be shared with investigators at 312-746-7618. The cases are part of crime pattern P24-3-001.