Suspect sought in violent South Loop attack

Police are trying to identify this man in connection with a violent attack in the South Loop. (Chicago Police Department)

CHICAGO — A violent attack in the South Loop last month remains unsolved, and Chicago police are turning to the public for help. Detectives released a surveillance image of their prime suspect on Friday and asked anyone with helpful information to contact them.

They said the attack occurred around 8:53 a.m. in the 1200 block of Canal. A man was standing on the corner when the attacker hit him in the back of the head, police said. The victim fell to the ground and the assailant “continued to punch, kick, and stomp on the victim’s head,” according to CPD’s new bulletin. Police said the victim was taken to a hospital in serious condition.

After the attack, the suspect headed east toward the Roosevelt CTA station. Police said he has a goatee, is 25 to 35 years old, 5’9″ to 5’10” tall, and 150 to 160 pounds.

Tipsters can contact Area Three detectives at 312-744-8261 regarding case #JH-223341.

About CWBChicago 6796 Articles
CWBChicago was created in 2013 by five residents of Wrigleyville and Boystown who had grown disheartened with inaccurate information that was being provided at local Community Policing (CAPS) meetings. Our coverage area has expanded since then to cover Lincoln Park, River North, The Loop, Uptown, and other North Side Areas. But our mission remains unchanged: To provide original public safety reporting with better context and greater detail than mainstream media outlets. Our editorial email address is news@cwbchicago.com