NO BREAK: Burglary Spree Claims 8th Victim Wednesday

A resident of the 3500 block of North Racine yesterday became at least the eighth victim of a burglary spree that began in our neighborhood last Friday.

Chicago police issued an alert to warn residents about the break-ins, which detectives said were committed by a prowler (or prowlers) who entered through open windows.

CWB Chicago has learned, however, that police categorized at least three of the burglaries as “forcible entry,” meaning that the offender broke through a window or door to get in.

This map shows the approximate locations of eight burglaries known to have been reported since last Friday.  In addition to the usual things that burglars take, the victims on Seminary and Newport had their cars stolen, too.

Also, a CWB Chicago reader who lives near Cornelia and Wilton told police that they found a screen cut out on one of their first floor windows this weekend. Fortunately for them, the burglar did not make entry.

———-
Email us.  Facebook us. Twitter us.
About CWBChicago 4275 Articles
CWBChicago was created in 2013 by five residents of Wrigleyville and Boystown who had grown disheartened with inaccurate information that was being provided at local Community Policing (CAPS) meetings. Our coverage area has expanded since then to cover Lincoln Park, River North, The Loop, Uptown, and other North Side Areas. But our mission remains unchanged: To provide original public safety reporting with better context and greater detail than mainstream media outlets. Our editorial email address is news@cwbchicago.com