Plead Guilty To Robbery, Get Probation (Welcome To Cook County!)

Participation in two armed robberies of women in Lakeview has earned 20-year-old Jwan Farley a cakewalk sentence: Two years probation and a curfew from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.

Farley | Chicago Police Dept

Police were assisted in their investigation of the two December robberies by a photograph of the offenders’ license plate that was taken by a witness to one of the hold-ups.

One victim told police that several men cornered her near the 1200 block of West Waveland around 2:50 a.m. and then began to chase after her. The woman said the men threatened to kill her if she did not stop running.

At around the same time, another woman reported being robbed near Fremont and Grace.

The second victim’s friend snapped a photo of the getaway car and police were able to forward the license plate information to other officers who soon found it on Lake Shore Drive.

Police pulled the vehicle over just south of North Avenue around 3:10 a.m. and all three occupants were identified by the robbery victims. Cops found proceeds from the robberies inside the vehicle, police said.

20-year-old Joseph Lewis of Morgan Park and 19-year-old Donzell Lloyd of Calumet Heights are also charged with robbing the women. Their cases are still moving through court.

River North Robbers Also Get Probation

Dixon (L) and Wallace | Chicago Police Dept

Meanwhile, two men accused of trying to rob three Uptown roommates in River North on October 17 have also pleaded guilty. And they’ve also been sentenced to two years probation.

23-year-old DeAngelo Dixon and 21-year-old Leandrew Wallace were arrested when their would-be victims flagged down a passing police car in the middle of the robbery attempt outside of a multi-million-dollar mansion in the 800 block of North Dearborn, police said.

Wallace grabbed the one of the victim’s arm as Dixon went through the man’s pockets while pretending to have a gun under his sweatshirt, police said.

“I’ll kill you,” Dixon reportedly said. “I’m gonna f***ing shoot you.”

As Dixon reached for the victim’s cellphone, one of the other victims flagged down an approaching 18th District squad car. The officers stopped and detained Dixon and Wallace while the other men fled.

Police said they recovered $1,403 from Dixon’s backpack during arrest processing.

Four other individuals who took part in the hold-up were never found.

You can support CWB’s newsgathering efforts with a donation to our Tip Jar.
Email us. Facebook us. Twitter us.
About CWBChicago 4274 Articles
CWBChicago was created in 2013 by five residents of Wrigleyville and Boystown who had grown disheartened with inaccurate information that was being provided at local Community Policing (CAPS) meetings. Our coverage area has expanded since then to cover Lincoln Park, River North, The Loop, Uptown, and other North Side Areas. But our mission remains unchanged: To provide original public safety reporting with better context and greater detail than mainstream media outlets. Our editorial email address is