A pair of burglars who were recently “featured” on CWBChicago are believed to be responsible for at least seven break-ins on the North Side this month, according to a new community alert from Chicago police.
Most of the burglaries have been reported in Lakeview, but the men branched out to make appearances in Lincoln Park and Uptown, too, according to police.
We shared home surveillance video that showed the men escaping with bags of goodies after they looted a home on the 900 block of West Altgeld at 1:24 p.m. on Feb. 3.
Now, Area North detectives have connected the pair two six other break-ins:
- on the 3700 block of North Sheffield between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Feb. 1
- on the 900 block of West Oakdale between 9 a.m. on Feb. 1 and 9 a.m. on Feb. 3
- on the 700 block of West Belmont between 7:38 a.m. and 6:55 p.m. on Feb. 3
- on the 800 block of West Buckingham between 8:50 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. on Feb. 3
- on the 3900 block of North Janssen between 2:15 p.m. at 3:15 p.m. on Feb. 3
- on the 1000 block of West Leland between 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. on Feb. 7
Police said the men are breaking through front and rear doors to access victims’ homes. They forced a window open to enter one of the homes.
Please support CWBChicago’s reporting efforts with a monthly or annual subscription. Members-only perks await!
The burglars are both black, police said, and they wear dark clothing, gloves, and face masks or scarves.
Anyone with information about the men can contact Area North detectives at 312-744-8263. Refer to pattern P20-3-044