Uptown: Charges filed in June 27 shooting

Marcus Davis | CPD

Update June 17, 2022 — Prosecutors dropped all charges against Marcus Davis.


Prosecutors have filed attempted murder and aggravated battery charges in connection with the shooting of a 27-year-old man in the Uptown neighborhood last month.

Chicago police arrested Marcus Davis, 35, late last week after the victim identified him in a photo line-up, according to prosecutors.

Prosecutors said the victim and a companion were walking on the 600 block of West Lawrence around 12:20 a.m. on June 27 when a silver SUV pulled up next them with Davis in the passenger seat.

Davis began firing a 9-millimeter handgun, and the victim fell to the ground to avoid being shot, according to prosecutors. One round reportedly struck the victim in his right knee, traveled through his thigh, and lodged in his stomach.

During Davis’ bond court hearing Saturday, a defense attorney said Davis and his wife were in Waukegan together on the day of the shooting.

Judge Susana Ortiz set bail at $200,000. Davis will need to post a $20,000 deposit bond to get out of jail before trial.

Back CWB’s reporting team and we’ll reward you with members-only reports and services all year long. Join HERE for just $49 a year.

About CWBChicago 6566 Articles
CWBChicago was created in 2013 by five residents of Wrigleyville and Boystown who had grown disheartened with inaccurate information that was being provided at local Community Policing (CAPS) meetings. Our coverage area has expanded since then to cover Lincoln Park, River North, The Loop, Uptown, and other North Side Areas. But our mission remains unchanged: To provide original public safety reporting with better context and greater detail than mainstream media outlets. Our editorial email address is news@cwbchicago.com