A group of armed robbers held up four Rogers Park businesses in under nine hours on Wednesday night and Thursday morning, police said. No arrests have been made.
Between two and four offenders entered the businesses together, then one of them would make a small purchase and present money for payment. Then, the offender would pull out a black handgun and announce a robbery. Money and tobacco products were taken during the heists, police said.
The hold-ups were reported:
- on the 6700 block of North Clark around 8 p.m. on August 19
- at Dunkin’ Donuts, 1200 West Loyola, at 8:10 p.m. on August 19
- at 7-Eleven, 1404 West Pratt, at 11:36 p.m. on August 19
- at 7-Eleven, 6801 North Sheridan, at 4:25 a.m. on August 20
Witnesses saw the offenders flee from two of the robberies in a dark blue Toyota Corolla.
Police released four suspect descriptions:
- Black male, 20- to 25-years-old, 5’9” to 6’1” tall, 150-180 pounds, red baseball hat with white lettering, mask, gloves
- Black male, 20- to 25-years-old, 5’9” to 6’1” tall, 150-180 pounds, black hoodie, mask, gloves
- Black male, 20- to 25-years-old
- Black female, 20- to 25-years-old, 5-feet to 5’3” tall
Anyone with information about the robberies can contact Area Three detectives at 312-744-8263 regarding crime pattern P20-3-156.