Chicago police are now warning about a third armed robbery and carjacking crew working the city’s near west and north sides. CPD detectives issued warnings about other roving bands of armed robbers on September 6 and September 7. Nearly 40 armed robberies have now been linked to the hold-up crews.
Authorities have not announced any arrests in any of the robberies. However, Chicago cops on Friday were ordered by a supervisor to stop pursuing one of the armed groups due to the police department’s strict pursuit policies.
The latest warning, issued Wednesday morning, links a Sunday morning crime spree to the same group of four offenders.
Detectives said the men drove a black Honda sedan to rob victims at the following times and locations on Sunday:
- 200 block of North Carpenter at 2:30 a.m.
- 4300 block of North Laramie at 3:25 a.m.
- 4000 block of West Fullerton at 3:37 a.m.
- 2800 block of West Montrose at 4:15 a.m.
- 4600 block of North Kedzie at 4:31 a.m.
- 5600 block of North Winthrop at 4:35 a.m.
- 2700 block of South Millard at 5:49 a.m.
- 2000 block of South Ashland at 6:11 a.m.
According to the new alert, this crew consists of three Black males between 17- and 25-years-old and a fourth male of unknown race who is in the same age range.
Anyone who has information about them can contact Area Five detectives at 312-746-7394 regarding crime pattern 22-CWP-023
Facts first. 100% reader-funded. Click here to support CWBChicago today.