No bail for man accused of sexually assaulting 3-year-old girl in McDonald’s restroom

Christopher Puente | CPD

New details emerged in bond court about Monday’s sexual assault of a 3-year-old girl inside a restroom at the former Rock & Roll McDonald’s, 600 North Clark. 

Christopher Puente, 34, was ordered held without bail on Thursday after an assistant state’s attorney laid out the allegations.

The prosecutor said the victim’s father took her into the restroom shortly after 8 a.m. because he had to help her brother, who had an “accident.” Puente lured the girl into the stall directly next to where her father and brother were located and locked the door, according to allegations.

He put the girl on his lap, removed her pants and underwear, then sexually assaulted her, the prosecutor said.  Puente allegedly used his hand to muffle the girl as she cried for her father.

But the father managed to hear the commotion. He looked over the top of the stall, saw what was happening, and pulled the girl out.

Police arrested Puente after he refused to leave a condo building on the 500 block of North Dearborn around 1 a.m. on Wednesday, just hours after detectives released images of a suspect to the public.

Surveillance images of the man that police say sexually assaulted a 3-year-old girl inside a River North restaurant restroom. | CPD

Arresting officers immediately recognized Puente as the man who detectives were seeking in the sexual assault.

Police said Puente admitted to placing his private part against the girl’s, but he denied having intercourse with the child. He reportedly told cops that he was high at the time of the attack.

Puente, who lives in Streeterville, is charged with criminal sexual assault of a victim under age 13 and trespassing.

About CWBChicago 6555 Articles
CWBChicago was created in 2013 by five residents of Wrigleyville and Boystown who had grown disheartened with inaccurate information that was being provided at local Community Policing (CAPS) meetings. Our coverage area has expanded since then to cover Lincoln Park, River North, The Loop, Uptown, and other North Side Areas. But our mission remains unchanged: To provide original public safety reporting with better context and greater detail than mainstream media outlets. Our editorial email address is news@cwbchicago.com