Chicago police apprehended two robbery suspects shortly after a pair of armed robberies occurred in Logan Square on Saturday afternoon. Charges are pending.
The first robbery occurred in the 2500 block of West Wabansia around 12:40 p.m. Up to four men exited a black vehicle and robbed a local resident’s nanny of her purse and phone while displaying multiple firearms.
A few minutes later, three armed men exited a black vehicle to rob a couple on the corner of North Avenue and Richmond Street, a second CPD report said.
Cops on patrol in East Garfield Park spotted the crew’s getaway car, a stolen Nissan, at about 1:30 p.m. The vehicle crashed in the 200 block of South Pulaski, and four people ran from it as officers were watching. Two of the people who ran were taken into custody, including one juvenile.
Earlier in the afternoon, a man escaped from an apparent robbery attempt in the West Loop. He was in his vehicle when a black SUV pulled up next to him, and a masked man stepped out with a gun.
The would-be victim sped away before anything else happened. It’s not clear if that incident is related to the later robberies.
- 4 liquor stores, customers robbed in less than an hour on Wednesday night (October 12, 2023)
- Lincoln Park carjacker in custody, but West Town robbery crew claims 11 victims in 40 minutes (October 11, 2023)
- Armed robbery crew has killed 2 people this week, Chicago cops are warned (October 11, 2023)
- On-duty IDOT Minuteman, bar patrons among victims in overnight robbery sprees (October 10, 2023)
- At least 6 robbed in Medical District this morning; gun fires during West Town carjacking attempt (October 9, 2023)
- Four 15-year-olds charged with robbery spree along the Brown Line (October 9, 2023)
- Strings of store robberies, street holdups reported Friday night (October 7, 2023)
- 7 victims targeted in overnight robbery spree, driver carjacked in West Loop (October 6, 2023)
- 15-year-old robbed 5 people in armed crime spree, Chicago police say (October 6, 2023)
- 68-year-old man shot, critically injured during possible robbery in Wicker Park (October 5, 2023)
- At least 11 robbed in 2-hour crime spree from Bucktown to Pilsen (October 5, 2023)
- Suspect in custody after Monday morning robbery spree (October 2, 2023)
- Man shot and killed in Noble Square as robbery spree unfolded Sunday morning (October 1, 2023).
- In robbery-plagued Chicago, community meetings draw packed houses, claim of ‘propaganda’ (September 29, 2023)
- 15 daytime armed robberies reported in about 4 hours Tuesday (September 26, 2023)
- More carjackings and robberies keep Chicago cops running from the West Loop to West Ridge (September 26, 2023)
- Solo Chicago cop chases armed robbers across the city: ‘I’m not going to terminate myself until we crash’ (September 25, 2023)
- Robbery victim shot in Humboldt Park as crime sprees continue (September 24, 2023)
- Rifle-wielding crew commits at least 5 robberies in 20 minutes on Saturday morning (September 23, 2023)
- At least 14 robbed in violent, hour-long robbery spree overnight; 78-year-old beaten by muggers (September 21, 2023)
- Armed robbers strike 3 times in about an hour in Boystown, Lakeview, Uptown (September 19, 2023)
- DePaul students among several targeted in North Side robbery spree; more cases reported in Wicker Park, West Town (September 17, 2023)