CHICAGO — Armed robbers raided seven liquor stores in about a two-hour spree on Saturday evening, a repeat performance of a similar crime spree on Wednesday evening. Like the earlier incidents, some of the stores’ customers were robbed, too.
The holdups began around 8:35 p.m. at Food and Liquor Express, 2752 West Lawrence. Two masked men entered the store with guns and robbed the cashier, then fled the scene, according to a Chicago police report.
They were described as Black, slender, and dressed in black clothing.
At 8:46 p.m., two men robbed Jerusalem Liquors, 3133 West Lawrence, police said. They took cash from the register and robbed a woman as they left the store, according to CPD.
More robberies followed:
- Eden’s Food & Liquor, 4805 West Foster, around 9:10 p.m.
- Ezi Mart, 4804 North Central, at about 9:25 p.m.
- Max’s Food & Liquor, 6200 West Belmont, around 10 p.m.
- Bel Park Food & Liquor, 4752 West Belmont, at about 10:15 p.m.
The crew pistol-whipped victims at many of the crime scenes, according to officers who responded to the calls. Some victims reported that the men were wearing yellow gloves.
Most recently, two armed men robbed Albany Liquors and Foods, 3048 West Fullerton, in Logan Square. Police said they hit the cashier in the head with a handgun and took cash from the registers around 10:45 p.m.
The Logan Square suspects were described as Black, 28 to 30 years old, 5’10” to 6 feet tall, wearing all black clothing and black ski masks.
Armed robbers held up four liquor stores and the businesses’ customers in less than an hour Wednesday night in Logan Square and Humboldt Park.
The crew pointed guns equipped with extended ammunition magazines at the victims, ordered the victims to the floor, and took the victims’ valuables, according to a CPD alert. After taking cash from the registers and safes, the robbers escaped in a black Alfa Romeo, police said.
Starting at Yauco Food & Liquor, 2744 West Division, at 9:48 p.m., the trio displayed guns and took money from store registers, employees, and customers.
During the second robbery, the group took cash from the register at West Town Wine and Spirits, 2501 West North Avenue, and then directed the victim into the back of the store, according to CPD. They took more cash in the back room, then fled down a nearby alley around 10:10 p.m.
About 15 minutes later, they walked into Tip Top Liquors, 2700 West North Avenue, and robbed four men and the business, Chicago police said.
A CPD surveillance camera team saw the robbers leaving the store, but ground units did not arrive quickly enough to apprehend the crew.
Finally, two robbers pushed a cashier to the floor and forced him to the back of R&S Discount Food and Wines, 2425 West Diversey, around 10:25 p.m. They took money and the man’s phone, then fled, a police report said.
Police believe two or three men were involved. They were described as black, 20 to 25 years old, 5’3″ to 6’2″ tall, and 160 to 180 pounds. The group wore black ski masks, black hoodies, black sweatpants, and white gloves, the CPD alert said.
- Cops arrest 2 after daytime armed robberies in Logan Square (October 14, 2023)
- 4 liquor stores, customers robbed in less than an hour on Wednesday night (October 12, 2023)
- Lincoln Park carjacker in custody, but West Town robbery crew claims 11 victims in 40 minutes (October 11, 2023)
- Armed robbery crew has killed 2 people this week, Chicago cops are warned (October 11, 2023)
- On-duty IDOT Minuteman, bar patrons among victims in overnight robbery sprees (October 10, 2023)
- At least 6 robbed in Medical District this morning; gun fires during West Town carjacking attempt (October 9, 2023)
- Four 15-year-olds charged with robbery spree along the Brown Line (October 9, 2023)
- Strings of store robberies, street holdups reported Friday night (October 7, 2023)
- 7 victims targeted in overnight robbery spree, driver carjacked in West Loop (October 6, 2023)
- 15-year-old robbed 5 people in armed crime spree, Chicago police say (October 6, 2023)
- 68-year-old man shot, critically injured during possible robbery in Wicker Park (October 5, 2023)
- At least 11 robbed in 2-hour crime spree from Bucktown to Pilsen (October 5, 2023)
- Suspect in custody after Monday morning robbery spree (October 2, 2023)
- Man shot and killed in Noble Square as robbery spree unfolded Sunday morning (October 1, 2023).
- In robbery-plagued Chicago, community meetings draw packed houses, claim of ‘propaganda’ (September 29, 2023)
- 15 daytime armed robberies reported in about 4 hours Tuesday (September 26, 2023)
- More carjackings and robberies keep Chicago cops running from the West Loop to West Ridge (September 26, 2023)
- Solo Chicago cop chases armed robbers across the city: ‘I’m not going to terminate myself until we crash’ (September 25, 2023)
- Robbery victim shot in Humboldt Park as crime sprees continue (September 24, 2023)
- Rifle-wielding crew commits at least 5 robberies in 20 minutes on Saturday morning (September 23, 2023)
- At least 14 robbed in violent, hour-long robbery spree overnight; 78-year-old beaten by muggers (September 21, 2023)
- Armed robbers strike 3 times in about an hour in Boystown, Lakeview, Uptown (September 19, 2023)
- DePaul students among several targeted in North Side robbery spree; more cases reported in Wicker Park, West Town (September 17, 2023)