CHICAGO — Two liquor stores were robbed within minutes of each other in Logan Square on Wednesday evening, Chicago police said. The holdups continue a pattern of similar crimes that began developing earlier in the month.
Last night’s robberies occurred about a half-mile apart on Fullerton Avenue: at L’Flamingo Liquors, 3556 West Fullerton, and Albany Food, 3048 West Fullerton.
Police said two masked men entered the stores around 9:50 p.m. and pulled out handguns. They took cash from two registers and personal property from two employees at L’Flamingo. Cash was also taken from the register at Albany Foods.
Officers described the suspects as two Black males in their late teens or early 20s who stand about 5’9″ tall and weigh about 170 pounds. They wore dark clothing, and each had a gun.
Albany Foods was also robbed during a liquor store holdup spree last Saturday. Police said they hit the cashier in the head with a handgun and took cash from the registers around 10:45 p.m.
Six more liquor stores were robbed that night, from Logan Square to Jefferson Park to North Center. Some victims reported that the men were wearing yellow gloves.
Last Wednesday, a similar robbery spree targeted four liquor stores and customers in Logan Square, Humboldt Park, and West Town.
Police said two or three men carried out the robberies, pointing guns equipped with extended ammunition magazines at the victims, ordering the victims to the floor, and taking the victims’ valuables, according to a CPD alert. After taking cash from the registers and safes, the robbers escaped in a black Alfa Romeo.
- 7 liquor stores robbed in 2-hour spree Saturday evening (October 15, 2023)
- Cops arrest 2 after daytime armed robberies in Logan Square (October 14, 2023)
- 4 liquor stores, customers robbed in less than an hour on Wednesday night (October 12, 2023)
- Lincoln Park carjacker in custody, but West Town robbery crew claims 11 victims in 40 minutes (October 11, 2023)
- Armed robbery crew has killed 2 people this week, Chicago cops are warned (October 11, 2023)
- On-duty IDOT Minuteman, bar patrons among victims in overnight robbery sprees (October 10, 2023)
- At least 6 robbed in Medical District this morning; gun fires during West Town carjacking attempt (October 9, 2023)
- Four 15-year-olds charged with robbery spree along the Brown Line (October 9, 2023)
- Strings of store robberies, street holdups reported Friday night (October 7, 2023)
- 7 victims targeted in overnight robbery spree, driver carjacked in West Loop (October 6, 2023)
- 15-year-old robbed 5 people in armed crime spree, Chicago police say (October 6, 2023)
- 68-year-old man shot, critically injured during possible robbery in Wicker Park (October 5, 2023)
- At least 11 robbed in 2-hour crime spree from Bucktown to Pilsen (October 5, 2023)
- Suspect in custody after Monday morning robbery spree (October 2, 2023)
- Man shot and killed in Noble Square as robbery spree unfolded Sunday morning (October 1, 2023).
- In robbery-plagued Chicago, community meetings draw packed houses, claim of ‘propaganda’ (September 29, 2023)
- 15 daytime armed robberies reported in about 4 hours Tuesday (September 26, 2023)
- More carjackings and robberies keep Chicago cops running from the West Loop to West Ridge (September 26, 2023)
- Solo Chicago cop chases armed robbers across the city: ‘I’m not going to terminate myself until we crash’ (September 25, 2023)
- Robbery victim shot in Humboldt Park as crime sprees continue (September 24, 2023)
- Rifle-wielding crew commits at least 5 robberies in 20 minutes on Saturday morning (September 23, 2023)
- At least 14 robbed in violent, hour-long robbery spree overnight; 78-year-old beaten by muggers (September 21, 2023)
- Armed robbers strike 3 times in about an hour in Boystown, Lakeview, Uptown (September 19, 2023)
- DePaul students among several targeted in North Side robbery spree; more cases reported in Wicker Park, West Town (September 17, 2023)